Welcome to Orkelbogen
Orkelbogen Friluftsenter is a Conference center located in the mountains 736 meters above sea level in Kvikne in Tynset Municipality. The farm was built in 2008 and suits groups of 10-48 people who will stay in our beautiful rooms, dine from our “homecooked” kitchen and experience the wild nature sorrounding it - or activities organized by us.
We welcome only one group at a time, so you will have the facilities including your own private chef and staff to yourselves throughout your stay.
22 rooms (doubles / family), including 2 for disabled guests.
2 meeting rooms + additional rooms that may be used as group rooms.
- We have 22 beautiful fairytale rooms of high standard spread over several buildings in the courtyard.
- There is great emphasis on quality and comfort. All rooms have Norwegian quality mattresses and large woolen duvets and pillows. All rooms have hardwood floors and a private bathroom with a shower. The rooms are tastefully decorated with furniture and interiors - mostly from Norwegian traditional design.
- The rooms overlook the mountains or the river Orkla which runs just below the courtyard.
See our pricelist (Norwegian) for updated priceinformation.
Our conference center "The Barn" consists of two meeting rooms with state of the art AV equipment and fiber cable with high speed internet. The conference hall is adapted to groups of up to 45 people. The boardroom custom groups of up to 15 people. Please contact us for a offer on your next conference!
A good conference is not just about a good professional program. It is also important to spice up the conference with activities and experiences that create engagement and unforgettable moments for all participants. On Orkelbogen we believe in the nature as therapy and learning arena. We recommend that you take the time to come out of the meeting room and enjoy the beautiful surroundings during your stay.
Food & Drink / Kitchen / Dining
In the Dining Room in the Main House, we can seat a maximum of 48 people. What could be nicer than to enjoy a good meal while it crackles in the fireplace at the end of the table? In our Longhouse the capacity is approximately 48 persons. Here one can enjoy themselves with good food in a setting inspired by the Viking era. Or will you prepare the food yourself out in the open? We have a private yard across the river from the farm where there are shelters with campfire that can be freely used by our guests.
- Our popular Activity run brings out the competitive nature in most! Here divided the group into teams that compete against each other through the records in the woods. The trail can be adapted to all ages and activity levels. Price upon request.
- Indoor Shotgun Simulator.
- Shooting range with biathlon flashes.
- Horsebackriding in the mountains. Our safe Norwegian dole horses and Icelandic horses take you comfortably up into the mountains. We offer hourly rides, half and whole day trips for smaller groups. Price upon request.
- Drive by horse and wagon / sleigh ride.
- Great hiking with nice trails in all directions.
- We can offer guided hike with lunch cooked on the fire or we bronzing you about a route you can take on your own.
- The trails are well suited for mountain biking.
- Miles of trails for cross country skiing in the winter season.
- Wine tasting. Price on request.
- Beer tasting of local beers from Røros Brewery. Price on request.
- Quiz Evening. Price on request.
- Hunting licenses at Kvikne can be purchased.
- Kvikne has many opportunities for fishing enthusiasts (Norwegian)